Manager, Business Operations
Posted on Wednesday, May 3, 2023
Our Mission and Opportunity
Early education is one of the greatest determinants of childhood outcomes, is a must for working families, and has a lasting social and economic impact. Brightwheel’s vision is to enable high quality early education for every child — by giving teachers meaningfully more time with students each day, engaging parents in the development of their kids, and supporting the small businesses that make up the backbone of the $175 billion early education market. Brightwheel is the most loved technology brand in early education globally, trusted by thousands of educators and millions of families.
We are a fully remote team with employees across every time zone in the US. Our team is passionate, talented, and customer-focused. Our exceptional investor group includes Addition, Bessemer Venture Partners, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GGV Capital, Lowercase Capital, Emerson Collective, and Mark Cuban.
We believe that everyone—from our employees to the students, teachers, and administrators we serve— should be given the opportunity to learn and thrive, whatever their background may be. We celebrate diversity in all forms because it allows our team and the communities we serve to reach their full potential and do their best work.
Who you are
We are seeking a talented individual to join the Business Operations team. You will be responsible for driving strategic initiatives and outcomes across the business. You have excellent business acumen and communication skills. You enjoy working with cross-functional partners. You love tackling complex problems and developing and implementing data-driven solutions. You thrive in the pace of change at high-growth tech startups. Most importantly, you are a curious individual who loves diving deep into a wide range of challenges and opportunities.
What you’ll do
- Partner with Senior leaders across the company on the most critical initiatives: Partner with cross-functional stakeholders across Marketing, Sales, Customer Success, Finance, and Product to drive the most impactful initiatives for the business. Program manage initiatives from beginning to end.
- Synthesize large sets of data to drive insights and lead complex initiatives: Dive deep to root cause trends in the business, and articulate scenarios for the business to pursue.
- Build and Support Standard Operating Procedures: Take your work from an idea to sustainable frameworks that the business can adopt and implement. Participate and drive cyclical business planning and OKR setting.
Qualifications, Skills, & Abilities
- 4+years of work experience at a top management consulting firm, tech company, investment bank, or on a corporate strategy, strategic finance, or business analytics team
- Strong stakeholder and project management skills to effectively influence and manage expectations with Senior Management and cross-functional teams
- Strong critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to digest complex data and present findings clearly that drive decision-making and outcomes; experience with financial and strategic modeling, SQL a plus
- Strong listening skills; ability to understand the “why” and get to what matters quickly
- Desire to learn - You’ll often be answering questions that have never been answered before, which requires a high level of intellectual curiosity and an eagerness to dive into new problems, domains, tools, and techniques
Brightwheel is committed to internal pay equity and offers a competitive compensation package, including base salary, equity, and benefits. Our benefits package includes premium medical, dental, and vision benefits, generous paid parental leave, a flexible paid time off policy, a monthly wellness and productivity stipend, and a Learning & Development stipend.
For cash compensation, brightwheel sets standard ranges for all roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar-stage growth companies.
In alignment with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the annual cash compensation for this role in Colorado is targeted at $122,000-$152,000. In alignment with the New York State Senate Bill S9427A and California State Senate Bill No. 1162, the annual cash compensation for this role in California and New York City is targeted at $144,000-$169,000. In alignment with Washington’s Equal Pay and Opportunities Act, the annual cash compensation for this role in Washington is targeted at $122,000-$169,000.
Multiple factors, including geographic location, candidate experience, and expertise, determine final offer amounts. If you are applying from a different location and have questions about the compensation band for your region, please ask your recruiter.
Brightwheel is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.