Finance & Strategy Manager (GTM)
Accounting & Finance, Operations
Posted on Sunday, April 23, 2023
Our Mission and Opportunity
Early education is one of the greatest determinants of childhood outcomes, is a must for working families, and has a lasting social and economic impact. Brightwheel’s vision is to enable high quality early education for every child — by giving teachers meaningfully more time with students each day, engaging parents in the development of their kids, and supporting the small businesses that make up the backbone of the $175 billion early education market. Brightwheel is the most loved technology brand in early education globally, trusted by thousands of educators and millions of families.
We are a fully remote team with employees across every time zone in the US. Our team is passionate, talented, and customer-focused. Our exceptional investor group includes Addition, Bessemer Venture Partners, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GGV Capital, Lowercase Capital, Emerson Collective, and Mark Cuban.
We believe that everyone—from our employees to the students, teachers, and administrators we serve— should be given the opportunity to learn and thrive, whatever their background may be. We celebrate diversity in all forms because it allows our team and the communities we serve to reach their full potential and do their best work.
Who You Are
Brightwheel is seeking a detailed and results-driven Finance & Strategy Manager to join our Finance team to play a crucial part in driving GTM strategy and execution. In this role, you will collaborate closely with executive stakeholders across Sales, Marketing, and Growth, providing actionable financial insights and analyses to identify key opportunities for topline growth.
The ideal candidate is proactive and detail-oriented, able to delve deep into data to develop a deep understanding of the key drivers of our business. With exceptional analytical and communication skills, you will uncover insights, deliver actionable recommendations, and influence data-driven business decisions across the organization.
What You'll Do
- Be a trusted finance business partner to executive stakeholders across Sales, Marketing, and Growth functions by delivering actionable financial insights and analyses to identify key areas of opportunity in our go-to-market motion to drive topline growth for maximum impact on the business.
- Build and maintain our customer acquisition model to inform the company’s strategic growth direction and investment prioritization, taking into account team productivity and unit economics.
- Develop a deep understanding of our Sales strategy and drive performance improvements across the sales floor by providing analytical and strategic support to our executive leaders. Identify and drive improvements to our compensation plans, policy designs, and procedures by partnering across Finance, Sales Ops, and People to maximize performance.
- Prepare analysis and materials for fundraising, executive leaders, and board members. Deliver accurate and consistent reporting on key acquisition metrics (ARR, paybacks, etc.) and business drivers (team efficiency, etc.) with insights on variances to plan and period-over-period growth, ensuring key issues, risks, and drivers are understood and highlighted.
Qualifications, Skills, & Abilities
- 5+ years experience in investment banking, private equity, corporate strategic finance, or other relevant analytical and technical roles (start-up experience a plus)
- Expert in financial modeling and quantitative analysis, proficient in our most relevant tools (Google Sheets, Excel, SFDC). SQL abilities and experience with data visualization tools are a plus
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to digest and analyze complex sales funnel trends and present findings in a clear manner that drives decision-making and outcomes
- Structured thinker with the ability to frame and reason through sophisticated business problems, even in the face of ambiguity or imperfect information
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and to succeed in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as a collaborative mindset and approach to work
Brightwheel is committed to internal pay equity and offers a competitive compensation package, including base salary, equity, and benefits. Our benefits package includes premium medical, dental, and vision benefits, generous paid parental leave, a flexible paid time off policy, a monthly wellness and productivity stipend, and a Learning & Development stipend.
For cash compensation, brightwheel sets standard ranges for all roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar-stage growth companies.
In alignment with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the annual cash compensation for this role in Colorado is targeted at $122,000-$152,000. In alignment with the New York State Senate Bill S9427A and California State Senate Bill No. 1162, the annual cash compensation for this role in California and New York City is targeted at $144,000-$169,000. In alignment with Washington’s Equal Pay and Opportunities Act, the annual cash compensation for this role in Washington is targeted at $122,000-$169,000.
Multiple factors determine final offer amounts, including geographic location, candidate experience, and expertise. If you are applying from a different location and have questions about the compensation band for your region, please ask your recruiter.
Brightwheel is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
See more open positions at brightwheel
Something looks off?