Lead Product Manager
Posted on Saturday, March 11, 2023
Our Mission and Opportunity
Early education is one of the greatest determinants of childhood outcomes, is a must for working families, and has a lasting social and economic impact. Brightwheel’s vision is to enable high quality early education for every child — by giving teachers meaningfully more time with students each day, engaging parents in the development of their kids, and supporting the small businesses that make up the backbone of the $175 billion early education market. Brightwheel is the most loved technology brand in early education globally, trusted by thousands of educators and millions of families.
We are a fully remote team with employees across every time zone in the US. Our team is passionate, talented, and customer-focused. Our exceptional investor group includes Addition, Bessemer Venture Partners, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GGV Capital, Lowercase Capital, Emerson Collective, and Mark Cuban.
We believe that everyone—from our employees to the students, teachers, and administrators we serve— should be given the opportunity to learn and thrive, whatever their background may be. We celebrate diversity in all forms because it allows our team and the communities we serve to reach their full potential and do their best work.
Who You Are
We are looking for an experienced Lead Product Manager to oversee a new and business-critical area of brightwheel’s product, our Education initiative. You will own setting the product strategy for this brand new product and will lead your team to execute the highest priority initiatives that will drive business impact. Brightwheel is in a period of massive growth — we have an incredible opportunity to scale our platform, and we need your critical thinking, creative problem-solving, and product management skills, combined with your leadership, personal drive, and results-oriented mentality to be successful.
We take an iterative approach to product development, and hold a high bar for quality — we will look to you to help bring impactful experiences to our customers quickly, and to measure impact to improve those experiences based on insights. To be successful, you will work closely with partners across various functions, including engineering, design, marketing, sales, and support. This is a great opportunity to have a major impact while shaping the future of education.
What You'll Do
- Be the expert on the needs of our admin, teacher, and parent users; use those personas to inform everything you do
- Define a strategy for your product area that aligns with where the company is headed and would result in meaningful business impact
- Define measurable objectives and key results that will give your team focus, and ensure they are working on the right problems
- Create and maintain a prioritized pipeline of opportunities, making sure the most important initiatives are properly scoped and resourced
- Set the pace for delivery, leading your product area with an iterative, outcome-oriented approach; build collaborative, healthy relationships that yield results
- Apply deep critical thinking to thorny problems; ask the hard questions and translate insights that will enable your team to come up with the right solutions
- Partner closely with cross-functional colleagues throughout the product development process to ensure maximal output
- Leverage data and analysis to uncover new problems and identify opportunities to improve existing products
Who You Are
- 6-8+ years of Product Management experience or the equivalent- creating, launching, and iterating on consumer-facing products
- Strong technical and business acumen, with experience leading healthy product teams
- Deep user empathy and experience, bringing together user research, insights & data
- Proven ability to break down problems and translate them into clear, focused solutions
- A strong track record of scoping, launching, and growing high-impact products
- Demonstrated ability to roll up your sleeves (no task too big or too small!) and move quickly to achieve outcomes
- Strong team player: support + collaborate with ease across engineering, design, and other functions
- A passion and drive for improving the world through education and technology
- Bonus, not required: a background in education, either in EdTech or in the classroom
Brightwheel is committed to internal pay equity and offers a competitive compensation package, including base salary, equity, and benefits. Our benefits package includes premium medical, dental, and vision benefits, generous paid parental leave, a flexible paid time off policy, a monthly wellness and productivity stipend, and a Learning & Development stipend.
For cash compensation, brightwheel sets standard ranges for all roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar-stage growth companies.
In alignment with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the annual cash compensation for this role in Colorado is targeted at $141,000-$176,000. In alignment with the New York State Senate Bill S9427A and California State Senate Bill No. 1162, the annual cash compensation for this role in California and New York City is targeted at $166,000-$195,000. In alignment with Washington’s Equal Pay and Opportunities Act, the annual cash compensation for this role in Washington is targeted at $141,000-$195,000.
Multiple factors, including geographic location, candidate experience, and expertise, determine final offer amounts. If you are applying from a different location and have questions about the compensation band for your region, please ask your recruiter.
Brightwheel is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
See more open positions at brightwheel
Something looks off?