Manager, Parent & Community Engagement
Bridge International Academies
Manager, Parent & Community Engagement
Bridge Community Group
Who We Are
Bridge partners with governments, donors, and parents to ensure that every child has access to an education that develops her full potential and creates the foundation for prosperity for the country. We are dedicated to supporting teachers, empowering school leaders, and ensuring every child has the learning support needed to master the national syllabus and have the confidence to succeed in a competitive world. Each of our project or country teams are supported through expertise and programming from additional offices around the world, combining world-leading expertise in core design areas with locally resident leadership and execution. We leverage experts, data, and technology in order to support and scale every aspect of quality education delivery. Bridge managed and supported schools are technology enabled and data driven to ensure accountability in the classroom for both teachers’ performance and children’s learning.
The Bridge model delivers significant learning outcomes at large scale by combining technology and customized learning materials. At Bridge, we believe innovation and technology can transform learning. Our model – which uses technology to deliver thoroughly researched and carefully designed daily lesson guides to teachers in our academies – is proven to increase learning outcomes for children. We are a solutions-driven, implementation-focused organization, using design principles to work in varied and often highly constrained contexts to ensure learning outcomes and positive development for children. Working in regional and national scales is important to us, as empowering entire generations of children with core knowledge, skills, and confidence is what builds the foundation for a peaceful and prosperous future for us all.
Our mission is to provide our pupils with a life-changing education and we believe that every child should have a right to world-class education regardless of her family’s income. Core to our approach is the conviction that every child can learn, as long as the school she attends is committed to her development and puts her needs to learn at the forefront of all decisions. We have seen teachers and children transform and excel in both government and private schools that we support and manage.
We invite you to join this incredible endeavor that is having world-changing impact across multiple continents. You will join a team of dedicated change-makers committed to ensuring that each decision we make keeps a child’s experience of learning as its guiding principle.
Schools is the heart of Bridge. Schools is responsible for ensuring all of the work created by our expert teams, including Instructional Design, Leadership & Development, Technology, Communications, and Insight, are used in each school, and each school is managed to achieve its goal of ensuring every child enjoys a learning environment that develops her core skills, knowledge and confidence. The performance of the entire organization is led by the Schools Group, which works to strengthen school enrollment and student retention, by ensuring every school is regarded as the strongest school in its neighborhood and delivers on improved learning outcomes for children. Schools is the largest team in the organization, as this Group is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day management of each school. We engage with school leaders and teachers every day, ensuring ongoing professional development, performance management, and intensive coaching. Our investments in instructional design and teachers’ professional development are overseen by the Schools Group, and academics is at the forefront of our school programming. To ensure sustainability, we support effective school-level budgeting and financial management. We are always seeking effective ways of ensuring every school is supported with data-driven practices. We measure our success through increased enrollments in the school, signaling strength in management and community engagement, and by the learning outcomes of the children in the classroom. We are performance driven.
About the Role
As the Programme Manager, you will be responsible for achieving success in enrollment, retention and attendance KPIs in all Bridge Community Group schools (Bridge Kenya, Bridge Nigeria, Bridge Uganda and Bridge Andhra Pradesh). You will work to positively influence the touchpoints between schools, parents and surrounding communities. You will work with the Shared Services, Schools to design programming that leads to strong engagement with, understanding of, and support for our academic and school programming. You will work with members of the Schools team to ensure strong implementation and measure the success of all programming.
The Schools team is laser focused on outcomes, inherently collaborative in nature, loves fostering leadership in others, is unwaveringly committed to ensuring a quality education for our pupils, and is excited about creating incredible learning interventions that drive positive behavior and mindset change in adults. You will flourish on this team if you are: a team player, hyper-focused on results, flexible in a dynamic environment, and have fun while working hard.
This role reports to the Regional Director, Schools & Senior Director, Parent & Community Engagement.
What You Will Do
Increase enrollment in all Bridge Community programs to meet PTR goals
- Work with program teams to develop outreach strategies aimed at increasing PTR in all classrooms across each network
- Collaborate with Managing Directors, Schools Directors, Regional Schools Director, Senior Director of Parent and Community Engagement and Program Managers to create, share and track progress on achievable daily admission goals for program team
- Design, develop and iterate upon strategic outreach events and activities that will draw awareness, interest and admissions to Bridge Community schools
- Work with Creative team to produce and distribute outreach materials (fliers, program manuals, etc)
- Work with Communications teams to secure and execute radio spots, tv spots and social media campaigns to highlight Bridge Community programs and encourage enrollment
- Using data and observation feedback, rigorously follow up with support staff to ensure strong execution of outreach events and activities at the community level; manage cascade of communication to follow up on teacher and school leader absences
- Facilitate debrief sessions with support team after each outreach and enrollment session
- Ensure successful execution of parent engagement programming throughout school year to increase community awareness and trust of program
- Achieve 90% parent attendance of enrolled parents at all parent engagement events and activities throughout the school year
Achieve 90% retention of all current pupils
- Manage teams as they execute research to determine causes of pupils attrition in schools and across network
- Work with Senior Director of Parent & Community Engagement and Regional Schools Director to analyze research and retention data; develop insights; use insights to create strategies to improve retention
- Manage team to execute on initiatives designed to increase parent satisfaction and retain pupils across terms and years
- Collaborate with Managing Directors, Schools Directors, Regional Schools Director, Senior Director of Parent and Community Engagement and Program Managers to create, share and track progress on achievable retention goals for program team
- Manage parent engagement activities (touchpoints) throughout the year to ensure positive experience and increased parent satisfaction with touchpoints
- Strengthen Co Curricular Clubs program through building community partnerships to better highlight and showcase NewGlobe’s commitment to social emotional development and growth
Meet and exceed pupil attendance KPIs in all Bridge Community programs
- Collaborate with Bridge Community and NewGlobe leadership to carefully track and monitor pupil attendance in all programs, and carefully following through to determine cause of poor attendance
- Create contextualized attendance boosting strategies for all programs; test and iterate upon various interventions designed to boost attendance
- Using data backed successful strategic interventions, design ongoing programs to ensure continued strong pupil attendance in all Bridge Community schools
- Ensure strong bill payment campaigns are designed and implemented, resulting in 100% on time tuition payments
What You Should Have
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field, graduate degrees preferred.
- 5 years’+ experience working in education.
- 2 or more years of teaching experience with evidence of outsized student learning gains is an added advantage.
- Experience with data cleaning & analysis using Excel, experience with Stata a plus
- Experience in designing successful, data-driven marketing campaigns
- Willingness to work at different time zones and being flexible.
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A networking mastermind – You excel at meeting new people and turning them into advocates. You communicate in a clear, conscientious, and effective way in both written and oral speech. You can influence strangers in the course of a single conversation. Allies and colleagues will go to bat for your ideas. You have an existing network from prior experience in the country, preferably in the regulatory, education, or business sectors.
- A creative problem-solver – Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, NewGlobe works in often fragile, sometimes volatile low-resource communities and with complex government systems. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
- A relentless advocate –The children we serve and teachers we empower never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their benefit, experience, and value.
- A malleable learner –You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
- A data-driven decision-maker – When making decisions, you don’t rely on your intuition alone. You collect data, you analyze it and make decisions with clear justifications.
- A curious investigator – You ask why a lot. You don’t just take what you see and accept it. You wonder why it is that way, and are aware that the world we see is created by human choices and actions – and it could be different. You wonder, and see the world as wonderful even when you want to change a part of it that is unjust.