Senior UX Designer
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
As a Designer at Binti you’ll play a key role in our development team, collaborating with Product and Engineering to build intuitive + easy to learn experiences that help more children find permanent families. You will spend time shadowing and interviewing youth, families, and social workers to understand their processes and challenges, dive into solutioning with Product Managers, and translate ideas into workflows into wireframes. You will also conduct user testing and collaborate with engineering to translate ideas into delivery. As the designer, your role will be to balance a blue-sky vision of where we could be with technical constraints, helping us build a product that is both intuitive and scalable.
This position will report into the Head of Design and will include collaborating with Binti’s contracted design firm and our internal teams. As an early designer on the team you’ll have a huge impact on the future of Binti’s design.
We offer flexible scheduling for all team members. Core engineering hours are from 10:00 am - 4:00 pm PST. Ideal candidates will be open to working a schedule that allows real-time collaboration with the team during this timeframe.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Drive our mission to find every child a permanent and loving home, and improve processes in Child welfare by representing Binti’s design philosophy internally and externally. More on that: Binti’s design philosophy.
- Collaborate with Product managers in early stage research, ideation, and problem solving, to understand user pain points and come up with solutions.
- Design and iterate on wireframes (leaning on the design firm as an extended resource) in alignment with the product roadmap, picturing both the north star and the MVP.
- Collaborate and provide feedback to an outside design firm to ensure consistent design language and vision.
- Stay on top of trends, competitors, accessibility standards, and research on best practices to inform design direction
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering to implement designs and ideas most efficiently. Work with engineers in real-time to QA and adapt designs.
- Iterate and develop processes to enable teams to work together effectively
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU
- 5+ years experience in UX and Product design. Experience working with a complex product or problems space (B2B or enterprise software) is a must
- The ability to dig into the root of the problem and understand user needs and pain points
- Strong UX wireframing skills (we use Figma!)
- An accessibility-first design sensibility, plus experience with mobile + responsive design
- Proven aptitude to iterate on existing designs, and design from the ground up
- A spirit toward working with Product and Engineering teams, with a low-ego approach
The base salary for this role ranges from $140,000-$230,000. Actual compensation within this range will vary based on experience, education, knowledge, and skills, and will be determined through the interview process according to our standard procedures and leveling. Binti strives to be in the 90th percentile of market range for a Series B company. We are also proud to offer a comprehensive perks and benefits package, as outlined below.
Perks and Benefits
- An above-market compensation package (salary + equity)
- Excellent medical, dental, vision, and life insurance - 99% of insurance premiums covered for you + your dependents
- Flexible vacation time to promote a healthy work-life blend
- 16 weeks of paid parental bonding leave for the arrival of a newborn or newly placed infant
- 13 paid holidays; 11 Federally observed holidays (including Juneteenth), plus the day after Thanksgiving and Election Day
- Sick/Mental Health time separate from vacation days (72 hours)
- 4 weeks of sabbatical after 4 years of service at the company
- 401(k) with 100% match of contributions up to 4% of your annual salary
- Commuter benefits, FSA, and DCSA with administration paid for
- $5,000 annual bonus for employees who volunteer as a CASA (court-appointed special advocates)
- $2,500 annual reimbursement for ongoing learning and development, with opportunities to attend trainings/conferences, on-site speaker series, and lunch and learns
- $300 reimbursement for virtual home office setup
- $50 a month remote work stipend to cover internet, electricity, home office setup costs or lunch/snacks with coworkers
- Paid Jury Duty
Something looks off?