Rock Star Radar (Internships)
African Leadership University
From the start, we’ve been on a mission to bring the “university of the future” to the world — a place where students declare missions not majors, where real-world experience takes precedence over theoretical classroom lectures, and where learning how to learn has replaced learning facts and figures. Today, ALU is on its way to helping unleash the human potential of a new generation of ethical and entrepreneurial leaders — and in the process, unlock a new era of prosperity and opportunity for Africa and beyond unlike the world has ever seen.
Our mission is not going unnoticed. CNN described ALU — which has campuses in Mauritius and Rwanda — as “The Harvard of Africa;” Fast Company ranked ALU one of the 50 most innovative organisations in the world and the most innovative endeavour in Africa; and The New York Times recognised ALU as one of the eight places in the world “where history is being made.”
WHAT IS ROCK STAR RADAR?
Rock star radar is our spontaneous application for non - faculty roles. Are you someone who is mission and quality driven, who thrives in a fast paced environment, who can improve processes and productivity, a leader who can motivate others to attain/exceed set objectives? We're always on the look-out for outstanding skills and talent, which are not necessarily advertised on our website. ALU is rapidly expanding and new talent could always be used to achieve our vision. Are you the rock star we've been missing and haven't realised yet?
The ideal candidate should actively seek to understand ALU’s core values and initiatives, and translate those values into everyday practices in the role they believe ALU needs. They should be comfortable in a fast-paced, multitasking, entrepreneurial environment and should display creative and analytical problem solving skills with an unrelenting passion for excellency.
- Current Student (ALU or other)
- Proficient user of Google Suite products (Slides, Sheets, Docs, Drive, Calendar)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-directed and able to work without or with minimal supervision
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas
- Design-thinker with keen interest in creating new experiences for others
- Excellent time management skills with ability to work with strict deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Team player with a co-operative approach to team members
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment