Academic Operations Coordinator
African Leadership University
ALU provides higher education for a higher purpose. Our students declare missions, not majors.
They develop the real-world skills to take on the world’s most pressing challenges. And they take ownership of their learning from day one through our peer and student-led approach – because ALU believes in the power and agency of young people to start shaping the future right now.
Together with a world-class faculty and staff, our students are igniting a ripple of positive impact across Africa and the world.
Our mission is not going unnoticed. CNN described ALU — which has campuses in Mauritius and Rwanda — as “The Harvard of Africa;” Fast Company ranked ALU one of the 50 most innovative organizations in the world and the most innovative endeavor in Africa; and The New York Times recognized ALU as one of the eight places in the world “where history is being made.” Join us.
HOW WE WORK
As a high-growth start-up, the ALU Team works in starkly different ways to traditional academic bureaucracies. We approach education from first principles, empower individuals to design, test, and implement creative new ideas, and work closely together to craft transformative learning experiences. We are deeply passionate about our students and excited by the challenge of building something entirely new.
ABOUT THE ROLE
In creating a world class education experience, the Academic Vertical plays an integral role in ensuring our academic operations and regulations are smoothly implemented, communicated and adhered to by all internal and external stakeholders, including students, faculty, staff and regulators. The team is made up of various functions, including the Registrar’s Office. You will report to the Registrar and will play an integral role in collaborating with other operational departments to ensure quality within the Registry Operations.
- Responsible for management of RO Zendesk platform & Managing RO MUR & RWA email accounts & ALL comms
- Support wider Registrar Office in operational activities (Student requests & all RO general operations)
- Sitting on some Academic Senate committees and recording their progress and action items.
- Work closely with the team to ensure alignment of objectives.
- Coordinate RO meetings and reporting to different stakeholders.
- Work closely with the AAC to organise and be the clerk for all Assessment Board meetings
- Document (and update documentation of) key procedures under their purview
- Any other duties as assigned by the line manager
- A Bachelor's degree and at least 2 year’s worth of experience in a junior administrative role. You need to have some experience in admin-operations with proven experience working with multiple stakeholders.
- Must be able to work on your own with little supervision, and are able to collaborate with others.
- Have very good prioritisation & organization skills.
- Show a growth mindset and be willing to learn on the job where required.
- Pay meticulous attention to detail while showing initiative to solve problems.
- Able to use appropriate language to effectively communicate verbally and in writing to all stakeholders
- Have proficiency in using Google Suite including, but not limited to Gmail, Google Docs, Google Sheets and Google Slides.