Executive Coach - CRA Center for Executive Coaching
African Leadership University
ALU provides higher education for a higher purpose. Our students declare missions, not majors.
They develop the real-world skills to take on the world’s most pressing challenges. And they take ownership of their learning from day one through our peer and student-led approach – because ALU believes in the power and agency of young people to start shaping the future right now.
Together with a world-class faculty and staff, our students are igniting a ripple of positive impact across Africa and the world.
Our mission is not going unnoticed. CNN described ALU — which has campuses in Mauritius and Rwanda — as “The Harvard of Africa;” Fast Company ranked ALU one of the 50 most innovative organizations in the world and the most innovative endeavor in Africa; and The New York Times recognized ALU as one of the eight places in the world “where history is being made.” Join us.
ABOUT THE CENTER FOR A REIMAGINED AFRICA (CRA)
CRA supports leaders who are at the forefront of Africa’s development to maximize their effectiveness and ability to deliver results for their communities and countries. CRA runs several programs for leaders across the continent. Among these programs, is the African Leadership University Public Sector Fellowship Program, a 12-month experiential program that provides Africa’s public sector leaders with the knowledge, skills, support and networks to everage digital technologies to drive their nation’s key priorities. The Center for Executive Coaching is situated with the CRA. The CRA Center for Executive Coaching (CEC) seeks to raise the quality of public sector and private sector leadership through coaching. The CEC facilitates the provision of coaching to leaders in CRA and ALU programs; and to select external organizations on a case-by-case basis.
The CRA Center for Executive Coaching is seeking to recruit experienced Leadership/Executive Coaches who will play a pivotal role in partnering, through coaching, with public and private sector leaders from across the continent to reach their full potential as leaders and by doing so contribute to prosperity in Africa. As a Leadership/Executive Coach at the CEC, you will work closely with diverse clients from various public and private sector organizations from different countries, empowering them to become more effective and resilient leaders.
Provide individual and group coaching to public and private sector leaders in Africa.
● Conduct comprehensive leadership assessments and feedback sessions.
● Create tailored coaching plans and development strategies for clients.
● Foster a supportive and challenging coaching environment that promotes growth.
● Collaborate with other Faculty on ALU/CRA leadership development programs to integrate concepts from leadership development programs into coaching.
● Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in leadership within public and private sector organizations across the continent.
● Coaching certification or credential by a globally respected professional coach training organization (including ICF, IoC, ATD, CCE or equivalent) is required.
● Master's degree in a relevant field (e.g., psychology, leadership, organizational development, human resources, talent development, etc.) is preferred.
● Membership of a professional coaching body which provides opportunities for continuous professional development.
● Proven experience in executive coaching and leadership development.
● Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
● Cultural sensitivity and adaptability, given our pan-African clientele base.
● A commitment to ongoing learning and professional development.
● Previous experience coaching leaders for a period not less than three years.
● Demonstrated committed to the development of leaders in Africa.
● Understanding of the dynamics and context of public sector leadership in Africa.
● Passion for developing leaders and driving positive change in the public sector in Africa.
● Ability to coach in English and French will be highly considered.
● Experience coaching in both in-person and virtual formats will be highly considered.
● A dynamic and collaborative work environment.
● The chance to work with a diverse and influential group of leaders driving change on the African continent.
● Contribute to changing the impact of the public sector in several African countries.
● Opportunity to participate in other programs by the African Leadership Group.