Social Media Marketing Senior Associate
African Leadership University
ALU is re-imagining university education for the 21st century by applying an innovative approach to tertiary education. We are leveraging modern pedagogy, advanced education technology and global partnerships with leading employers and universities to provide a deeply engaging learning experience. We are building campuses across the continent to deliver this new model of higher education. Our first two campuses —Mauritius and Rwanda— are already open, as is the ALU School of Business and five other hubs in major cities across the continent. Our ultimate objective is to develop 3 million game-changing leaders for Africa and the world by 2060.
HOW WE WORK
As a high-growth start-up, the ALU Team approaches education from first principles, empowers individuals to design, test, and implement creative new ideas, and works closely together to craft transformative learning experiences. We are deeply passionate about our students and excited by the challenge of building something entirely new.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The ALU Marketing and Digital Team drives the brand communications efforts for the ALU brand and leads the implementation of the digital strategy that delivers a seamless and game changing experience for prospective students on their journey to ALU.
We’re a team of diverse personalities, nationalities and backgrounds, working together from about 7 different locations. We thrive on aligned autonomy, ensuring that while each team member takes full accountability for their work and the results they deliver, we also remain constantly connected to each other and to a clear set of objectives. When joining the marketing team, you’ll be part of a highly competent squad who have just as much fun as the hard work that they do.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Digital Marketing Senior Associate is responsible for all ALU’s social media channels. The tasks range from strategy to execution, as well as reporting. You’re in charge of developing tactics, creating compelling campaigns, publishing frequently, and reviewing the analytics and performance of each campaign. The role reports to the Marketing Content Manager.
- Develop and execute organic social media strategy that ladders up to overall communication and brand strategy, leading to increased fan engagement, followers, channel growth, customer acquisition, referral and traffic and ultimately revenue across all key social platforms.
- Story telling. Coordinate with the Brand Committee and the different ALU teams to be aware of all inspiring ALU stories and ensure an optimal storytelling approach.
- Own and maintain a tactical social media plan and calendar for all social media platforms, including writing, curating, and scheduling all posts from social accounts.
- Develop, manage, execute successful social media campaigns, liaise with marketing managers and product managers across the company ensuring social media coverage of new product launches, campaigns, new content, etc.
- Track, measure, and analyze performance of social content and campaigns. Provide timely communication of weekly/monthly channel metrics, results/post-campaign evaluation, social media trends, and competitive activity.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams across the organization to establish internal processes that support promotion of our content and brand strategy.
- Manage brand’s social presence day-to-day, monitoring consumer posts and leading teams in responding to and managing issues appropriately.
- Manage community engagement by responding to comments, messages, and reactions in order to keep a sense of community and affinity.
- Manage the brand’s social paid ad campaigns across all social media platforms
- Develop and manage an SEO Strategy for the brand’s digital assets
- Measure and report on the performance of all social marketing campaigns
- Evaluate emerging technologies. Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate
- Oversee the production and delivery of high quality Social content from the brand’s marketing efforts across markets
- Identify and engage appropriate influencers and collaborate with them to increase brand awareness and affinity.
- Build and lead a network of content suppliers, creators and collaborators for the brand across ALU’s key markets.
- Onboard and lead a team of student interns to produce real time, on the ground content in our key markets.
- Such other duties in respect of the Company as may be reasonably assigned by your team manager, including support in special projects that emerge and may be unrelated to social media but require the marketing team and project management.
- Strong understanding of social media platforms and all related tools and technology.
- Educated to degree level or relevant technical qualifications that demonstrate role suitability
- Holding a professional marketing qualification will be advantageous
- Strong organizing and project management skills and experience in planning and executing large scale social media campaigns.
- Able to create compelling messages that convey the stories through digital platforms including micro, short, and long-form copy.
- Passionate about the creation of content with an understanding of how tone of voice and storytelling generate engagement.
- Understand conversion and persuasion copy to influence leads, prospects, and customers.
- Work well under pressure and is capable of remaining focused despite rapidly changing priorities and competingdeadlines.
- Able to analyse project requirements and provide accurate turnaround timelines, manages time well and thrives with autonomy.
- Demonstrated portfolio of work.
What you bring to the role
- Passion for education, social impact, and the mission of African Leadership University.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team.
- Problem-solving skills and adaptability to changing priorities.
- Enthusiasm for staying updated on marketing trends and industry best practices.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to go the extra mile to achieve campaign objectives.