Electrical Power Systems Engineering - Adjunct Faculty (Honours Project Supervisor)
African Leadership University
From the start, we’ve been on a mission to bring the “university of the future” to the world — a place where students declare missions not majors, where real-world experience takes precedence over theoretical classroom lectures, and where learning how to learn has replaced learning facts and figures. Today, ALU is on its way to helping unleash the human potential of a new generation of ethical and entrepreneurial leaders — and in the process, unlock a new era of prosperity and opportunity for Africa and beyond unlike the world has ever seen.
Our mission is not going unnoticed. CNN described ALU — which has campuses in Mauritius and Rwanda — as “The Harvard of Africa;” Fast Company ranked ALU one of the 50 most innovative organisations in the world and the most innovative endeavour in Africa; and The New York Times recognised ALU as one of the eight places in the world “where history is being made.”
HOW WE WORK
As a high-growth start-up, the ALU Team approaches education from first principles, empowers individuals to design, test, and implement creative new ideas, and works closely together to craft transformative learning experiences. We are deeply passionate about our students and excited by the challenge of building something entirely new.
- Supervise student dissertation projects in the Electrical Power Systems Engineering programme as assigned by the programme lead.
- Support the students with the refinement of their dissertation proposals, as required.
- Hold at least fortnightly, synchronous, one-on-one meetings with each student of a duration determined by the programme lead to discuss progress and provide feedback in accordance with the relevant policies.
- Provide regular, timely feedback to the student on their deliverables (e.g. proposal/thesis chapters) in accordance with the programme lead requirements, and ALC and GCU policies.
- Complete all required administrative tasks (such as documenting meetings with the supervisees) as per the programme lead requirements, and ALC and GCU policies.
- First marking of the supervised dissertations.
- Second marking of dissertations, as required by the programme lead.
- Attend faculty team meetings as requested by the programme lead.
- Attend the Assessment Board where dissertation module marks are finalised.
- Follow up with a resit and support plan for students who fail the dissertation module.
- Any reasonable task that may be assigned in line with the supervision of the dissertations.
- Such other duties in respect of the Company as may be reasonably assigned by your team manager.