Finance Intern (Cash Collection)
African Leadership University
ALU provides higher education for a higher purpose. Our students declare missions, not majors.
They develop the real-world skills to take on the world’s most pressing challenges. And they take ownership of their learning from day one through our peer and student-led approach – because ALU believes in the power and agency of young people to start shaping the future right now.
Together with a world-class faculty and staff, our students are igniting a ripple of positive impact across Africa and the world.
Our mission is not going unnoticed. CNN described ALU — which has campuses in Mauritius and Rwanda — as “The Harvard of Africa;” Fast Company ranked ALU one of the 50 most innovative organizations in the world and the most innovative endeavor in Africa; and The New York Times recognized ALU as one of the eight places in the world “where history is being made.” Join us.
HOW WE WORK
As a high-growth start-up, the ALU Team works in starkly different ways to traditional academic bureaucracies. We approach education from first principles, empower individuals to design, test, and implement creative new ideas, and work closely together to craft transformative learning experiences. We are deeply passionate about our students and excited by the challenge of building something entirely new.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will be working in a mission-driven environment, with passionate and interesting people. You will have opportunities for both personal and professional growth, and to work outside of your roles on other projects you are passionate about. ALU team members work hard but have a lot of flexibility and a great working environment.
- Reviewing the Account Receivable debtor list.
- Contacting customers (students, parents or sponsors) and informing them of their
- Advising customers on their payment options and suggesting methods of payments.
- Negotiating suitable payment plans.
- Maintaining customer payment records.
- Send regular statement of accounts to customers.
- Writing reminder emails to customers when payments are not being made.
- Work on possible measures when customers fail to pay their debt with the finance
- Responding to customer queries.
- Escalate any invoice related issues to the finance associate.
- Assist with reconciliation, aging and other reports and supporting schedules.
- Any other finance related ad-hoc duties to support the Finance Team.
- Fresh Graduate with a degree in accounting, business management, or a similar field or part qualified ACCA (or any other equivalent qualification).
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of google suite and accounting software.
- Patience and resilience.
- Knowledge of payment plans and accounting procedures will be an advantage.
- Previous experience working as a Previous experience working as a Collections Officer will be an advantage
Number of Vacancies : 1