Finance Customer Support Coordinator
African Leadership University
ALU is re-imagining university education for the 21st century by applying an innovative approach to tertiary education. We are leveraging modern pedagogy, advanced education technology and global partnerships with leading employers and universities to provide a deeply engaging learning experience. We are building campuses across the continent to deliver this new model of higher education. Our first two campuses —Mauritius and Rwanda— are already open, as is the ALU School of Business and five other hubs in major cities across the continent. Our ultimate objective is to develop 3 million game-changing leaders for Africa and the world by 2060.
HOW WE WORK
As a high-growth start-up, the ALU Team approaches education from first principles, empowers individuals to design, test, and implement creative new ideas, and works closely together to craft transformative learning experiences. We are deeply passionate about our students and excited by the challenge of building something entirely new.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an experienced customer service coordinator to be responsible for a team of representatives who will offer excellent customer service. You will ensure that the team is compliant with the policies and procedures of the organization and offer consistency in service delivery. You will oversee the work of every member of your team and assist them in resolving customer complaints, improving customer service, and maintaining satisfied customers. To be successful as a customer service coordinator, you should possess excellent communication skills and the ability to lead and promote the vision of the organization. You should motivate your team and offer incentives for positive customer feedback. An exceptional customer service coordinator will possess outstanding product knowledge and instill this value in the team in order to achieve success.
● Managing a team of finance customer service.
● Maintaining compliance with policies and procedures.
● Offering excellent customer service.
● Displaying extensive product knowledge.
● Overseeing the work of every employee in your team.
● Promoting the vision of the organization.
● Conducting quality assurance surveys with customers and reporting findings to the Finance Manager.
● Handling customer complaints brought to your attention.
● Conducting regular training sessions with the team.
● Motivating the team and set KPI to monitor the team’s performance
● Assist in debt collection to minimize overall account receivables outstanding debt.
● Send statements of account to students where required and follow up on payment.
● Any other finance related ad-hoc duties to support the Finance Team.
● National diploma in administration or similar.
● 3-4 years of experience as a Customer Service Coordinator, Customer Service Consultant, Customer Service Representative or a similar role in the Customer Service department, BPO and Contact Center.
● Strong organizational, leadership, and communication skills.
● Knowledge of G-Suite, Excel and Accounting software would be a definite advantage.
● Basic understanding of finance process.